Green Monster Smoothie
- 250 ml Water or apple juice
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 500 ml Spinach or kale chopped
- 125 ml Cucumber peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 Apple cored and coarsely chopped
- 190 ml Fresh or frozen cranberries
- 5 ml Lemon
- 30 ml Ground flaxseed
- 30 ml Ground hemp hearts
- 10 ml Fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves Ontario garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5 ml Fresh oregano finely chopped
- Dash of cinnamon
- Add ingredients to blender and blend for 30 seconds or to desired consistency. Drink immediately.
I picked up the recipe for the “Green Monster” from my chiropractor and every other morning I blend the following ingredients for my own version. The consistency is less than a milkshake and more than water – drink with a straw! Avoid using high sugar fruits and dried fruits. Cranberries are great and can be sourced locally, but I substitute Goji berries because I just love their taste.