Beer & Garlic Barbecue Sauce
This is an "all purpose” BBQ sauce where Ontario garlic and craft beer take centre stage. The sauce can be used for roasting or grilling chicken, pork or beef ribs – your choice. For a different flavour profile, vary the type of beer. Use porter for beef, lager for chicken, and a fruit beer for pork.
- 30 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 45 ml Ontario garlic, finely chopped
- 500 ml Ketchup
- 15 ml Brown Sugar
- 15 ml Honey or maple syrup Each one for a different flavour
- 5 ml Smoked hot paprika
- 5 ml Paprika
- 2.5 ml Hot pepper sauce
- 2.5 ml Salt
- 2.5 ml Black Pepper
- 250 ml Beer
- Gently saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add all ingredients except beer and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add beer.
- Taste for seasoning. If you prefer, strain for a smoother sauce.
- Using the with Beer & Garlic BBQ Sauce, baste grilled or oven cooked meat of your choice in the last ten minutes of cooking.