Crab Apple and Sausage with Garlic
- 6 Sausages
- 6-8 Crab apples cored and cut into quarters
- 6 cloves Ontario garlic peeled and left whole
- 15 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 ml Black pepper fresh ground
- Cook sausages at medium heat until brown in colour.
- Lower heat, add olive oil and garlic cloves.
- Cook cloves until light brown in colour.
- Add crap apples and pepper and cook ten minutes or until apples have softened.
Cooking the garlic to a light brown colour caramelizes sugars in the clove. Leave the garlic whole, not crushed, for a mellow garlic flavour.