Deviled Turnip with Garlic
- 4 Hakurei turnips about 2"(5cm) diameter
- 2 large Eggs hard boiled
- 30 ml Mayonnaise
- 2.5 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 clove Ontario garlic minced
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Mash eggs in a bowl with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, and cayenne and stir with fork until smooth, then season with salt and pepper. Place covered in refrigerator.
- Cut each turnip in half lengthwise and hollow out each half with a paring knife or small spoon and set aside.
- Spoon mixture into each of the hollowed turnip halves. Garnish with paprika. Keep covered in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Try substituting garlic greens or scapes for Ontario garlic bulbs: Garlic greens: add 2 tbsp (30 ml), finely chopped. Garlic scapes: Add 1 tbsp, very finely removed (and woody parts removed).