Flu Fighter Garlic Soup
Since the medicinal properties of garlic are best preserved if the garlic is not cooked, this recipe calls for additional garlic to be added as a final step.
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium/large Onion chopped
- ½ cup Carrot finely chopped
- 3 cups Water or soup stock Preferably chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Roast garlic puree
- ¼ cup Fresh shiitake mushrooms chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme
- ½ cup Lentils
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Add oil to medium-sized saucepan set to medium heat. Add onion, stirring from time to time. Cook to a deep golden brown color.
- Add carrots, soup stock (or water), garlic puree, two of the garlic cloves, parsley, mushroom, thyme, lentils, salt, and pepper. Simmer for one hour.
- One minute before serving, add the two remaining garlic cloves.