Garlic and Peach Spinach Salad
To Make the Salad
- 1 bunch Spinach leaves washed and cut into bite-size pieces
To Make the Dressing
- 30 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 15 ml Apple cider vinegar
- 15 ml Honey
- 1 - 2 cloves Ontario garlic chopped coarsely
- 1 Ontario peach pit removed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 60 ml Silvered almonds
- 15 ml Shelled Hempseed
- pinch Fresh ground black pepper
- Place spinach in a medium salad bowl.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Add olive oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Whisk in garlic and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Artfully arrange peach pieces, almonds and hemp seeds on top, and serve.
Coarsely chopping the garlic allows for little "garlic explosions" - biting into the pieces releases allicin (garlic flavour). It's a nice contrast with the chopped peach.