Garlic Sautéed Rapini
- 1 bunch Ontario rapini
- 45 ml Virgin Olive oil
- 4 cloves Ontario garlic sliced
- 2.5 ml Sea salt
- 2.5 ml Hot chilli flakes to taste
- Wash rapini, trim stalks and pat dry.
- Heat olive oil and garlic on medium in a frying pan.
- Toss in rapini, hot chili flakes and sea salt and cover to wilt. Stir every few minutes and remove from heat once rapini is cooked (approximately 5 minutes).
- The more you cook the rapini the less bitter and softer it will become.
This delicious side dish is not only healthy and extremely easy to make but is also in season with Ontario garlic! Also known as broccoli rabe, rapini is one of the most popular greens in Italian cooking. This dark green vegetable contains vitamins A,B,C,K, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc.