Recipe provided by John Arena. Former Winston’s owner John Arena recalled that this was the only dish with garlic served at Winston’s. It was served only once. The patron sent the dish back.
- 60 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 675 grams Jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large Garlic cloves very finely chopped
- 30 ml Small capers drained
- 60 ml Fresh lemon juice
- 30 ml Italian parsley fresh and finely chopped
- In a large skillet, heat 30 ml olive oil until shimmering.
- Season shrimp generously with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook over high heat until lightly browned and barely opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Before removing from heat, add garlic and capers.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve it hot on warm dish.