Pasta Aglio e Olio
- Frying pan
- Serving bowl
- 400 gram Spaghetti or spaghettini
- 125 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Chillies
- 5 or more cloves Ontario garlic crushed and chopped fine
- 80 ml Fresh italian (flat leaf) parsely chopped
- Crushed black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Cook pasta in 4 quarts (1 litre) of generously salted boiling water. Cook until just done - al dente and reserve 1/2 a cup of pasta water. There should be a slight resistance when it's cut with a fork. Drain the pasta enough to remove most of the water - reserve 1/2 a cup of pasta water.
- Saute oil, chilies, garlic and parsley in frying pan over medium heat. Cook until the garlic is pale gold (don't let the garlic burn). Add the pasta to the pan, and gently toss with ingredients. Add the reserved pasta water, toss over heat and cook until pasta is evenly coated with all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and more chilies to taste. Serve immediately.