Potatoe Latkes with Roasted Garlic
- 453.5 g Potatoes
- 118 5/17 ml Onion chopped fine
- 59 ml Roasted garlic puree
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 118 5/17 ml Olive oil
- Sour cream and Apple sauce accompanies
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Peel potatoes and grate coarsely, transferring grated potatoe to a container of cold water. When last batch is added drain the potatoes in a colander and dry on a kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Transfer potato mixture to a medium-sized bowl, stir in onion, roasted garlic, egg and salt.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a 12-inch nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons potato mixture per latke onto pan, and spread into 3 inch rounds with a fork. Cook until underside is golden-brown and turn over, once, cooking until golden-brown. Add more oil to pan as needed.
- Place cooked latkes on wire rack and keep in oven until ready to serve.
Click here for Roast Garlic Recipe Serve with sour cream and apple sauce.