Provision Rosetta Style
"Growing up in Trinidad, garlic was the meat in the pot."
- 1.8 kg provision: any combo of potato, white yam, cassava or eddoes cut in 2-inch cubes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet pepper seeded, diced fine (adjust to personal heat preference)
- 1/2 Red bell pepper diced fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil provision in salted water until you can pierce with fork.
- Drain water and let dry a bit.
- While the provision boils, prepare other ingredients.
- When all are assembled and ready, heat a frying pan with oil coating the bottom. Drop in a bread cube to indicate when the oil is hot (when it begins to brown).
- Now you can begin. Sauté garlic until lightly brown.
- Add onion. Sauté for 1 minute and then add provision and peppers.
- Toss in pan until all is blended; add salt and pepper to taste.