Raspberry Vinaigrette with Garlic
One of the vendors at the Aberfoyle Farmers' Market recommended this recipe for raspberry vinaigrette.
- 118 5/17 ml Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 78 ml Raspberry Vinegar
- 59 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 78 ml Mashed raspberries
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the oil in a slow stream to the mustard, while whisking.
- Once the mixture is emulsified (thoroughly mixed) continue whisk while slowly adding vinegar, raspberries, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Wait 10 seconds after mincing the garlic before adding it to the ingredients. The reason is that it takes that long for the components of garlic to interact and make allicin, the compound which gives the flavour (and odour) that garlic is famous for. If it's added to the vinegar too soon the acid in the vinegar will inhibit the creation of allicin.
- Serve on mixed green salad.