Simple Summer Salad
- .25 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 30 ml Apple cider vinegar
- 0.25 Juice of lemon
- 0.5 tsp Fresh crushed black pepper
- Crushed sea salt to taste
- 540 ml Can white kidney beans drained
- 540 ml Can red kidney beans drained
- 1 Bell Pepper any colour, chopped fine
- 2 Hakurei turnips coarse chopped
- 750 ml Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 500 ml Kale chopped fine
- 250 ml Garlic scapes finely chopped (or 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine)
- In a small mixing bowl whisk (or stir with a fork) the oil into the mustard.
- Mix in remaining dressing ingredients and set aside. If the dressing ingredients appear separated (not emulsified) add a tablespoon of cold water and stir.
- Place salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Pour dressing onto salad and toss, using a large slotted spoon to thoroughly but gently coast the salad ingredients with the dressing.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated for up to two days.
Kale after a fall frost will taste particularly sweet. More garlic recipes here