Speedy Garlic Cheese and Craft Beer Bread
The perfect bread to go with ribs or grilled chicken. Serve alone or butter lavishly for homemade garlic bread.
- 500 ml All-purpose flour
- 250 ml Whole-wheat flour
- 15 ml Sugar
- 5 ml Kosher salt
- 15 ml Baking powder
- 341 ml Ontario craft lager bottle
- 5 ml Ontario garlic chopped
- 15 ml Dijon mustard
- 250 ml Cheddar cheese grated
- 15 ml Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in lager, garlic, mustard and cheese until mixture forms a batter.
- Turn into buttered 9 x 5 loaf pan. It is not smooth on top. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until light golden and firm to touch. A toothpick inserted in centre should come out clean.
- Cool on a rack. Keeps 2 days.
More recipes here