Vegetable-Rich Garlic Meatloaf
- 1 Bell pepper any colour, finely diced
- 500 ml Zucchini chopped fine, skin included
- 250 ml Portobello or shitake mushrooms chopped fine
- 1.75 ml Red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 15 ml Fresh thyme leaves finely chopped
- 60 ml Fresh parsley leaves chopped
- .22 kg Ground beef
- .22 kg Ground pork
- 250 ml Panko (Japanese) or other fine bread crumbs
- 125 ml Grated parmesan cheese
- 125 ml Ketchup
- 30 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 200° C (400° F)
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the fresh vegetables, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste, and cook 5 minutes. Add garlic and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and herbs in a large bowl.
- Add the meat, bread crumbs, cheese, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and the cooled vegetables and mix together. Place the mixture in a bread tin or casserole dish.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Remove from oven and rest for ten minutes.